Saturday, February 20, 2010

How Does the Ocelot Manage to Survive?

All animals have specific adaptations that help them survive in their habitat and their everyday lives. Let's take a look at the Ocelot's adaptations:

- The Ocelot's coat resembles pattern of light passing through a brush, therefore allowing the Ocelot to blend in with its surroundings.

-Ocelots have small ears but have excellent hearing.

-Retractable claws help them seize and hold their prey.

-As you can see in the picture, the Ocelot's big eyes which helps them when hunting. They also have good night vision which comes in handy since they are nocturnal animals.

-Strong legs help when it comes to catching their prey because they move quickly and quietly.

6 comments:

  1. hi, i love ocelots and this helped me with a project for school

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love ocelots Too! This is also helping me with my school project.

      Delete
  2. I love all cats generally. This helped me a bit with a school project! Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it helping with my project as well!

    ReplyDelete